Monday, July 8, 2013

Error on Page

screwing up, take two. . . *WARNING: RANT ALERT, replete with expletives (not right away but just wait, it's coming)* I am typing right now in HTML mode because when I try to type in regular old mode, whatever you call it, nothing happens. Oh, I have a lovely little "Error on page" thingie in the bottom left corner. That may or may not have been a harbinger for this morning's nastiness. . . It all began when I pulled up yesterday's post to fix a small error. The post, btw, was about my soiree into the wonderful world of blog pitching my novel, re: #PitchMAS. I'd written the wrong info relative the submission window. FYI, it was from yesterday at 9 a.m. PST to today at, I believe, 6 p.m. PST. Anyhoo, I tried to change it and all hell broke loose, I somehow deleted the entire post except for Mrs Fringe's comment, she's so sweet, then I tried to retrieve it through various ridiculous means, one of which was totally and completely frustrating, to wit: recovering the file via MozyHome. Which, apparently, I have no fucking clue how to do. . . I do believe I spent over an hour, 1/24 of my precious day, trying everything I could think of to recover the blog. To no avail. Then I had an epiphany. Two words: System Restore. So I set the ol' computer to restore my files to last night at 10:30. Meanwhile, I poured myself a cup of coffee and policed up the house a bit, energized by the knowledge that I would soon be back to square one, raring to go. A minor setback, a slight blip, nothing I couldn't handle. . . *WARNING: Rant starts here* Fuck, fuck, and fuck some more, excuse my French. Not only is yesterday's blog wiped from the face of the earth, but I can not, for the life of me, figure out why I can't type a blog post except in this HTML mode. I have a shiny new message now in the bottom left corner: Done, but with errors on page. How lovely. I can feel myself slipping into hopeless mode. I want to scream and cry at the same time. I'm angry at myself because I fucked something up and I don't know how to fix it and I don't know what I'm doing and I hate it. Yes I do. If anybody out there knows how to fix this, I would surely appreciate your input because at this point in time, I am clueless. I am actually considering hanging it up, aka: FUCK IT, my blogging days are over, I can not bear this, if I can't fix this problem pretty soon, I shall go completely and utterly insane.

2 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Am leaving my first blog comment.
And my useless suggestion is this to your blog glitch: find a nice techno geek, who speaks techno babble like a second language, ply him with his drug of choice and get him to fix the sodding problem so you don't have to!

kkbe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.