Tuesday, June 11, 2013

technical difficulties, can i get an amen. . .

i don't like those gear thingies, lord.

When the bulk of your writing is with a keyboard, technical difficulties are a distinct possibility. In fact, they're part of the game. Problem is, when weird shit starts happening I'm pretty much screwed, being as I am not computer savvy. When something goes bye-bye or locks up or starts smoking, I have no clue what to do.

Case in point: I just typed what I suspect was a bomb blog, which is my nerdy way of saying I think it was pretty good. I wanted to preview the thing before publishing so I hit that little 'preview' button. The gears on the screen start turning. And turning. And turning.

I don't know how to make 'em stop so I'm gonna pretend they aren't there. I think they are, though.

I lost my nifty blog due to technical difficulties. The gist was, I've reached an impasse with my work in progress, EFFIN' ALBERT. I'm getting to the end of the thing and I have to decide which way to go, which way to take it. Leaning toward Plan A but I'm vacillating, darn it. Right now the boys are sitting on their rock, 5:15 blasting through, power from that train rumbling through the rock and into their bodies, making 'em positively giddy, screaming at the top of their lungs, feeling like Superman.

But the reality is, they're in a world of hurt. Only divine intervention is gonna save their scrawny little butts from that cop. 

My dilemma is one of plausibility. If I go the way I'm thinking, it has to be believable. As written, I'm shaking my head. Close, maybe, but I got some rewriting to do, Lucy. If I'm taking Mike and Albert down the path of righteousness I have to do it right. I have to make the implausible, plausible.

Bottom line, I need to think about this some more. I'm at a crossroads, just like those two boys. Where I take the story next is gonna make or break us both. Lord, show me the right way to go here.

And please make those gear thingies go away.

No comments: